Drug Abuse and Addiction
Who's At Risk?, Tolerance, AddictionABUSE
There are different stages of drug abuse and addiction. Not everyone who takes drugs becomes an abuser or an addict. But, many people cannot control their drug use. Some people are more likely to become addicted than others. It is important to know the risks before you start experimenting with drugs.
What begins as casual use at parties with friends becomes a common occurrence. Soon, the drug use progresses and becomes a habit. Drugs are always around and a part of every activity. When people arrange their lives and activities around their drug use, they have crossed the line from use to abuse. Drugs become more and more important. At this stage, drugs start to cause major trouble in the user's life.
- The Effects of Depressants - Physical Effects, Psychological Effects, Denial, Codependency - DEPRESSION
- Choosing to Quit - Withdrawal, Hospital Treatment, Recovery Programs
- Drug Abuse and Addiction - Who's At Risk?
- Drug Abuse and Addiction - Tolerance
- Drug Abuse and Addiction - Addiction
- Other Free Encyclopedias