How Do Hallucinogens Impact Society?
Damaged Lives, Families, Neighborhoods, Coping With Social Risks, Institutional Treatment, Ten Great Questions To Ask A Doctor
In November 2000, Drug Enforgement Administration agents seized a major LSD laboratory near Wamego, Kansas. It was the largest LSD lab capture in the administration's history. Officers confiscated about 90 pounds (41 kilograms) of LSD and 52 pounds (23.6 kg) of iso-LSD, a by-product. The Kansas LSD operation was so extensive that by shutting it down, authorities notably reduced the availability of LSD nationwide.
Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies work constantly to disrupt the production and trafficking of illegal substances. Aside from rare big busts, though, their successes are modest and localized, and their task seems discouraging. Meanwhile, destructive consequences of hallucinogen abuse are felt at all levels of society.
- Heroin and the Media - Early Sensationalism, Heroin Chic, Celebrities In The Spotlight
- How Do Hallucinogens Impact Society? - Damaged Lives, Families, Neighborhoods
- How Do Hallucinogens Impact Society? - Coping With Social Risks
- How Do Hallucinogens Impact Society? - Institutional Treatment
- How Do Hallucinogens Impact Society? - Ten Great Questions To Ask A Doctor
- Other Free Encyclopedias