Types of Depressants
Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Abusing Barbiturates And Benzodiazepines, Alcohol, Alcoholism
Depressants are among the most widely used drugs in the United States. They are also the most abused. They are prescribed to treat people who suffer from anxiety, insomnia (sleeplessness), and stress. Many people are helped by depressants when they are used correctly. When prescribed by a doctor and used as directed, depressants such as barbiturates can be safe.
A depressant slows down the central nervous system of the body. Depressants include barbiturates, benzodiazepines, and alcohol. Barbiturates and benzodiazepines are legal to use only with a prescription from a doctor. Alcohol is a depressant that is legal to use in moderation for people who are over twenty-one years of age, but is never used for medicinal purposes.
- What Are Stimulants? - Types Or Stimulants, History Of Amphetamines
- Teens and Drug Abuse - Loss Of Inhibitions, Peer Approval, Rebellion, Other Problems
- Types of Depressants - Barbiturates
- Types of Depressants - Benzodiazepines
- Types of Depressants - Abusing Barbiturates And Benzodiazepines
- Types of Depressants - Alcohol
- Types of Depressants - Alcoholism
- Other Free Encyclopedias