Origins, Autonomy And "science" Of Literature, Literariness And Device, Poetic Language, What Is Literature?
Formalism in literary studies was not merely about formal elements of literature, though it stressed the importance of studying form. In fact, it proclaimed the unity of form and content by emphasizing that in a literary work the former cannot properly be understood when separated from the latter and vice versa. At the same time, formalism stressed the need to view literature as an autonomous verbal art, one that is oriented toward itself. Thus, formalism addressed the language of literature and established the basis for the origins and development of structuralism in literary studies.
- Formalism - Origins
- Formalism - Autonomy And "science" Of Literature
- Formalism - Literariness And Device
- Formalism - Poetic Language
- Formalism - What Is Literature?
- Formalism - Literary Evolution
- Formalism - Suppression And Influence Of Formalism
- Formalism - Bibliography
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Science EncyclopediaScience & Philosophy: Ferroelectric materials to Form and matter