less than 1 minute read

Learning Disabilities

After the AssessmentSpecial Services

Often an assessment shows that a student needs special services outside of the general education classroom. Special services are services, other than school-based educational ones, needed by a person who has been assessed as having a learning disability. Some students may need to work with a speech and language therapist. Others need psychological counseling. Still others may need the services of a reading teacher. If any special services are needed, the school must provide the service.

Additional topics

Science EncyclopediaLearning DisabilitiesLearning Disabilities - After the Assessment - Help!, Program Placement, Feelings Matter In Program Choice, Special Services, What About A Tutor? - Gifted and LD