Ten Great Questions To Ask A Drug Counselor
- What resources are offered by my school or community for adolescents with substance abuse problems?
- Some of my friends have told me that doing heroin once or twice is perfectly safe and that I should try it. What's the best way to let them know I'm not interested?
- I think that one of my friends is using heroin, but he won't admit that he has a problem. Who can I talk to about getting help for him?
- My friends think that my drug use is out of control, but I don't think I have a problem. How can I tell if I'm really addicted?
- I'm too ashamed to admit to my parents that I have a drug problem. How can I approach them?
- I'm recovering from a drug problem and I feel like I don't fit in at school anymore. How can I get back into my old routine?
- I'm recovering from a drug problem and I'm constantly tempted to return to using heroin. How can I avoid relapsing?
- I've used heroin in the past, and now I'm experiencing health problems. Could these have been caused by drug use?
- A friend of mine is recovering from a heroin problem. How can I help support her?
- I hurt a lot of people's feelings when I had a drug problem, and now they don't trust me. How can I repair our relationships?