Evolutionary Theories, Durkheim And Freud, Totem And Taboo., Critique And Elaboration, The Structural Study Of Totemism
The word totem is an anglicized rendering of the Ojibwa word ninto:tem. It refers to an animal or plant species emblematic of a specific group, notably a clan. While the term was originally applied only to practices of natives of northeastern North America, it was soon extended to refer to superficially similar phenomena around the globe, whose observances came to be known as "totemism."
- Toucans - Species of toucans
- Totems - Evolutionary Theories
- Totems - Durkheim And Freud
- Totems - Totem And Taboo.
- Totems - Critique And Elaboration
- Totems - The Structural Study Of Totemism
- Totems - Bibliography
- Other Free Encyclopedias