Some Fundamental Concepts, Collecting Data, Graphical Representation, Distribution Curves, Other Kinds Of Frequency DistributionsDescriptive statistics
Statistics is that branch of mathematics devoted to the collection, compilation, display, and interpretation of numerical data. In general, the field can be divided into two major subgroups, descriptive statistics and inferential statistics. The former subject deals primarily with the accumulation and presentation of numerical data, while the latter focuses on predictions that can be made based on those data.
Perhaps the simplest way to report the results of the study described above is to make a table. The advantage of constructing a table of data is that a reader can get a general idea about the findings of the study in a brief glance.
- Statistics - Some Fundamental Concepts
- Statistics - Collecting Data
- Statistics - Graphical Representation
- Statistics - Distribution Curves
- Statistics - Other Kinds Of Frequency Distributions
- Statistics - Measures Of Central Tendency
- Statistics - Measures Of Variability
- Statistics - Inferential Statistics
- Other Free Encyclopedias