What And Where Is The Solar System?, Solar System Inventory, The Solar Nebula Hypothesis, The Angular Momentum Problem
The solar system comprises the Sun, nine major planets, some 100,0000 asteroids larger than 0.6 mi (1 km) in diameter, and perhaps 1 trillion cometary nuclei. While the major planets lie within 40 astronomical units (AU) of the Sun, the outermost boundary of the solar system stretches to 1 million AU, one third the way to the nearest star. It is believed that the solar system was formed through the collapse of a spinning cloud of interstellar gas and dust.
- Solar Wind - Origin And Nature Of The Solar Wind, The Solar Wind And The Earth, The Solar Wind And The Heliopause
- Solar Prominence
- Solar System - What And Where Is The Solar System?
- Solar System - Solar System Inventory
- Solar System - The Solar Nebula Hypothesis
- Solar System - The Angular Momentum Problem
- Solar System - Building The Planets
- Other Free Encyclopedias