Neurotransmitter - Function Of Neurotransmitters, Characteristics Of Neurotransmitters, Neurotransmitters And Disease, Neurotransmitters And Drugs, Neurotransmitters' Role In Memory And Learning
Neurotransmitters are chemical agents secreted at the end of axons of nerve cells that diffuse across the synaptic gap and transmit information to adjoining cells such as neurons, muscle cells, and glands, by altering their electrical state or activity. There are many neurotransmitters with a variety of structures and functions; two of the principle ones are acetylcholine and norepinephrine. Since the neurotransmitters convey information, anything that affects their behavior affects the function of the organism.
- Neurotransmitter - Function Of Neurotransmitters
- Neurotransmitter - Characteristics Of Neurotransmitters
- Neurotransmitter - Neurotransmitters And Disease
- Neurotransmitter - Neurotransmitters And Drugs
- Neurotransmitter - Neurotransmitters' Role In Memory And Learning
- Other Free Encyclopedias